Saturday, January 8, 2011

Step 1: Assess the Current Situation

In our case we had a pretty standard satellite package that consisted of about 120 channels and two (2) receivers - one (1) receiver was a DVR.  For this "luxury," we sent the satellite provider about $65.00 a month.  This included the cost of our package, the rental fee for two (2) receivers plus the never ending taxes & fees.  Notice that I didn't mention any fees for access to high definition (HD) channels.  That is because I could never stomach the idea of paying extra just so I could access HD channels - so unlike most people, we "suffered" with only our standard definition (SD) channels.  We also did not have any premium movie channels such as HBO or Showtime.

I was constantly irritated by promotions (i.e. free DVR, free HD channels, free premium channels, etc.) from our provider that were for new customers only.  The other thing that infuriated me was that I had a television that was capable of displaying a beautiful HD picture, but the satellite company "wouldn't allow it" unless I paid an extra $10.00 per month.  I wanted HD, and I wanted it without additional cost.  Something had to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment